The Top Notch Difference: Long-Distance Moving
We pride ourselves on putting the customer first. That’s why we have no hold times or windows for your delivery. You and the manager will be in contact, and you will receive updates on their progress and arrival time. Your belongings will be the only belongings on the truck. Unlike with van lines and other movers, your items can’t get mixed up because there is nothing to mix them with. We only use our dedicated staff. We travel with your belongings and never use freelanced or out-of-state help.
Check out our latest posts for
more moving tips and updates!
Long-Distance Moving Tips
Moving across state lines is different from moving across town. Here are some helpful things to keep in mind as you prepare for your long-distance move.
- Pack everything you will need throughout the duration of your move separately; possibly pack for an extra day or two after the move to allow time for unpacking.
- If you don’t want to drive the long distance, we have your back. We offer car towing as well as protective wrapping.
- Keep in mind the time of year and the belongings you have us take. Items may get very cold or very hot in the truck.
Reliable Long-Distance Movers, Packing, and Storage
No matter how far you are moving within the continental United States, you can trust Top Notch Moving & Storage to provide a smooth relocation experience. We have the expertise and federal licenses that are required to move you safely from state-to-state.
Whether you are preparing to move across the country or along the East Coast, you can make your interstate move stress-free with us. Based in Maryland, we are especially familiar with helping families and offices move into or out of the Greater Baltimore area.
As you move out-of-state, you’ll enjoy a delightful relocation experience with our friendly, expert movers.
Long-Distance House Movers
Our professional, residential movers will pack and transport your furniture, appliances, and personal belongings with the utmost care. Our staff is trained in packing efficiently and carefully, especially to protect your belongings during the long-distance move. Your possessions will be the only items in our truck, and the same team that loads it will expertly unload it at your new home or storage unit.
Long-Distance Office Movers
If you are preparing to relocate your business, or if you are trying to help an employee relocate, then trust us for your commercial move. We expertly pack and transport your office furniture, workstations, and electronics. Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, we relocate your company efficiently so you can get back to work.
Licensed and Certified
Moving across state lines is different from moving across town.
- A move is considered long-distance when it exceeds 100 miles and/or crosses state lines.
- Interstate moving companies must abide by federal regulations. For example, they must adhere to national highway safety standards and provide certain disclosures to their customers.
- Long-distance moving companies must be assigned a number from the United States Department of Transportation, and they must be registered with the Federal Moter Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Long-distance moving companies must carry adequate insurance to protect their customers. As the moving distance increases, so does the risk of goods being damaged en route.